Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Halloween Party 2013




Halloween has come and gone and was a spooktacular time. My Halloween Party turned out great and I am happy how everything turned out.
Showing Off My Display


For my drink table I decorated it with diy spiders, fake spider webs, wire pumpkins, and tin can candle holders.


Drink Table Decorations

Witches Brew Anyone? 


For the "Witches Brew" I used:

  • Equal parts Sprite and Orange Juice
  • Pineapple Juice (I used can pineapple and even put the chunks of pineapple in it for a little more flavor)
  • Green food coloring
Mix it and then you have a very simple and delicious Halloween Drink


Wire Pumpkins

For these very cute simple wire pumpkins, I followed the tutorial from Hello Lidy. You can find the tutorial HERE.

DIY Spiders

In my previous post, I talked about these fun little diy spiders. You can check out how to make them HERE.

Tin Can Candle Holders

I decided to make these very simple candle holders with a tuna can. I measured out orange paper to fit the tin can. I decorated it with a fun print and glued it onto the can. Very simple to make and a very cute little addition to my table.


Food Table Decorations


Bat Silhouettes

To take my wall decorations from everyday decoration to Halloween, I added bat silhouettes to give that spooky feel.

You can find the bat template from HERE from Martha Stewart.



Table Ghosts

For the cute little table ghosts I used Styrofoam balls, white cloth, ribbon, and an empty coffee bottle (Starbucks bottled drinks from any convenient store.)


  1. Take your empty bottle and put the Styrofoam ball on the top of the bottle. 
  2. Next, put the square piece of cloth on top of the Styrofoam and bottle. (To add a little bit of texture rip the cloth and fringe the ends.
  3. Tire a ribbon around the neck of the bottle. 
  4. Add some eyes and you are finished!
Halloween Bouquet 

I already had cute jar candle holders so I decided to revamp it a little bit and add a Halloween Bouquet to them for a nice Halloween touch. I found these cute flowers from Saved by Love Creations. You can find the tutorial HERE.



For the food, I made Hershey Kisses Cookies, Banana Pudding Dirt Cake, and Gummy Worm Jello. It was a great hit, my guests loved it.

Happy Halloween Banner


Paper Spider Webs

To add a little bit of a Halloween feel of this wall I made paper spider webs out of black paper. I found the tutorial for them HERE from Omiyage Blogs.



Hanging Ghosts

For the hanging ghosts assemble it the same way as the table ghosts except do not add the bottle. Attach fishing wire to it and hang it on a tree branch or around the house.

Party Booth Props
No party is a party without a Photo Booth!

Photo Booth Backdrop


Photo Booth Backdrop

For the Party Booth Backdrop, I used the same template for the Paper Spider Webs and added different color spider webs.

We had lots of fun with the photo booth!
For Halloween I decided to be Minnie Mouse. I already had the dress and bow so it was very easy for me to create the look.

Minnie Mouse Ears

I made the ears out of felt and attached it to my bow headband. Here is the tutorial for it from One Creative Housewife.
 
Minnie Mouse Makeup

For the makeup I found a great tutorial from Youtube HERE.

I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween. Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment